Nowadays, getting tattoos is the real deal. Lots of teenagers, footballers and even aged people are not stopping themselves from getting either a patch on their hand or on their chest or navel and some in unimaginable areas, one couldn’t possibly think of. The craze of getting tattoos boomed exactly when various mainstream artists and players started to show off their love for ink. For example, actor and singer Rihanna have like 17 tattoos on her body. But after getting a tattoo, the one thing that greatly bothers a man or a woman is how to maintain them. Thus, we will be discussing some of the best health and safety tips for tattoos on your body.
Seven Healthy And Safe Ways To Keep Your Tattoo Free From Infections And Diseases
- It is always recommended to every day wash the tattoo. One can use a mild soap which is anti-bacterial in nature and use water which is mildly warm. Remember to not rub it while cleaning. Instead, pat the area dry.
- Use of antibiotic ointments having Vitamin A or D should be used daily, to avoid any germ build up. Various other natural products from Primitive outpost helps the skin heal from tattoos too.
- For the first couple of weeks, it should be kept in mind that the tattoo should not be submerged in water or should come in contact with soaps or detergents.
- Using mild moisturising lotion on that portion of the tattoo for at least 3 to 4 times a day can really keep the tattoos shape and prevent it from itching.
- UV rays are extremely harmful to the inked part of the body. Therefore, sunscreens of SPF 30 at least should be used before going out.
- If you love swimming, then it should be kept on hold, at least until the whole tattoo of yours gets healed fully, so that to avoid any negative effects.
- Finally, one should always try to wear loosely fitted clothes after getting a tattoo. Wearing tight clothes will not let the skin around the tattoo breathe and thus can lead to itchiness.